Sunday, March 23, 2014

Movie Review: Frozen (2013)

Normally I don't try to do Disney movies, because everybody has seen them. However, the recent film, Frozen, has gotten everyone falling in love with Disney all over again. As for me, I have always loved Disney, despite their bad movies. But Frozen is definitely one of the best films they have done in a long time.

I love their two previous animated films, Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph. Frozen though, combines everything I loved about the two previous films, good humor, a well told story,  and great character relationships.

The film is about two sisters, Anna and Elsie. Elsie has a magical power over ice that she cannot control and hides away from the world and tries to hide her powers. An accident occurs and she loses control causing their entire kingdom to fall into an eternal winter. Anna goes to try to bring back her sister and save the kingdom.

It is based on a Norwegian story, but lightened up because Disney does that. However, I found myself caring for all the characters in this movie and enjoying every single one of them. Even the villain, which is part of a plot twist so I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it (which is probably only four of my friends), was something I loved. I haven't been surprised by a villain like this since The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Not only that, but it also has something Disney has not yet done, having a family relationship as the focus.

The music is also amazing! I know a lot of people love the song, Let it Go. I actually found myself loving For The First Time in Forever or Do You Want To Build A Snowman even more. That is a personal opinion, but I have found those as the songs that give you the best idea of the relationship between the sisters and shows how different the two are.

This movie has a romance in it, but the focus is the relationship between Anna and Elsie. That was something that made me fall in love with this movie more than anything else. Even the moment when an act of love is required is one that happens with the sisters and the guy is not involved. I loved that!

I am so thankful for seeing this film and wish I saw it earlier. I recommend this movie to everyone. Easily now one of my top 10 favorite movies.


No comments:

Post a Comment