Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Album Review: Goth Metal is one of those genres for me that is very hit or miss. However, a band that had a fair variety of good songs on every album, HIM, has released a new album by the title, Tears on Tape. This is a band that is experimental with their sound, but still keep the elements that makes them Goth Metal or Love Metal as you would rather call it. Each song is unique on it's own. There is a lot o variety on this album and I love that! HIM has really impressed me with this new album and it makes me excited to see what else this band can do. I had a hard time giving this one a final verdict, but people who don't like Goth Metal won't like this album or this band to be honest. To top it all off, it comes with a second disc with commentary behind each song. But I can't deny how amazing this album turned out and even if there are songs I don't like as much, I can still recommend it. I give it an 8/10 with the ROCK ON!! Seal of Approval.
2 Songs I recommend: Love Without Tears and All Lips Go Blue
2 Songs to be careful towards: Lucifer's Chorale and Kiss the Void

No comments:

Post a Comment